In order to effectively perform their missions, higher education organizations need to make effective use of information technology. However, many of them lack the training, knowledge or support they need to do so. This is where we step in, and this is where you can help. As a key member of our Technology Services team, the Salesforce Consultant will work to help colleges and universities meet their missions by driving client specific implementation as well as ongoing system improvements on the Salesforce platform.
This is an extremely customer-focused role with a lot of client interaction, so a passion for working with people is essential. It is also important to be able to carry a big-picture perspective regarding client organizations and their needs while providing assistance to them. Sensitivity towards higher education missions and operations is essential, alongside the ability to explain technical options and limitations effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
High level Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals.
- Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements.
- Communicate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
- Interact directly with clients, managers and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instances
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow.
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product development and operations, to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance.
The above list includes the most commonly occurring responsibilities of this position. From time-to-time other duties commensurate with the level of this position may be assigned.
- 5+ years of implementation experience as a Salesforce consultant.
- 1+ years as a Salesforce Administrator.
- Experience in integrations.
- Experience with Jitterbit or Mulesoft.
- Candidate should be a Salesforce.com Certified Administrator and Developer.
- Experience with Salesforce EDA and education cloud – preferred
- Experience creating documentation for requirements, design, test, and training.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, work independently.
- Strong Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Strong Ability to self-manage and adapt to changing priorities as needed.
- Adapt with multiple software systems and willing to learn new products.